Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer Reading

Fiction makes me think

I absolutely adore fiction! Over the summer break I've read a few books that inspired me. Being the IB kid that I am, I made notes on my thoughts as I read and found it to be a really good mental exercise (sounds lame, I know, but try it out on the next book you read for English class). 

Here are my top 5 summer reads:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
1. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
2.  Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard 
3. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I'll post my reviews shortly on these books - they're very inspiring reads, give them a try!


Update: My fellow ib-er claims she read 46 books over this summer holiday! 46!! That takes persistence - I can't wait to hear what she's learned. Let me know if you want a list of THOSE books :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment